DAISY award honorees personify North Alabama Medical Center’s remarkable patient experience. These nurses consistently demonstrate excellence through their clinical expertise and extraordinary compassionate care.
The DAISY Award is a nationwide program that rewards and celebrates the exceptional care given by nurses every day. North Alabama Medical Center recognizes a nurse every quarter. For more information on The DAISY Award, visit daisyfoundation.org.
Who is Eligible for the DAISY?
Any currently employed Registered Nurse at North Alabama Medical Center Nomination Criteria:
- The nurse establishes a connection with patients and families through trust and emotional support
- Works well with the healthcare team to meet patient and family needs
- Models empathy and demonstrates a caring and compassionate attitude in all situations
- Includes patients and family in the planning of care, with consistent focus on meeting patient and family goals
- Demonstrates valuable knowledge in educating patients and families
Criteria and qualifications will be evaluated and voted on by the North Alabama Medical Center DAISY Committee.