Under the guidance of Infection Control Committee headed by Ari Frenkel, MD, Infectious Disease specialist, the Infection Control Department is responsible for Infection Prevention and Control within North Alabama Medical Center and its associated facilities.
- Develop and implement infection control policies and procedures for all hospital departments to include inpatient and outpatient services.
- Gather infection data, analyzing and reporting infections determined to be significant.
- Provide community/public awareness of infections and prevention measures performed
- Monitor infections in both patients and employees.
- Report communicable diseases to the local and state health departments.
- Investigate disease/infectious outbreak and all follow-up needed.
- Review MIC reports/MedMined Patterns and follow-up actions as needed.
- Orientation to all new hires and an annual education to all employees on Infection Control issues, policies and best practices.
- Improve Patient Safety with reduction strategies in prevention of hospital acquired Infections.