Making Heart Health a Priority
Heart health is about more than just your heart. Blood pressure, cholesterol, family history and other factors all play important roles in keeping your heart strong. If you have questions about your heart health but aren’t quite sure where to begin, start with a heart health assessment and learn more about any risks you may have for heart-related conditions. Your journey to a stronger heart starts here.
Full Service Cardiology Services
- 4 cardiovascular catheterization labs including electrophysiology room
- 22 bed critical care unit
- 31 bed cardiac in-patient unit
- 7 bed cardiovascular intensive care unit
- 2 open heart /cardiac surgical suites
- Critical Care step-down unit
Staff in each area have received specialized training for the care and treatment of heart-related diseases. We also have 12 diagnostic and interventional cardiologists on staff. For a list of specific procedures performed in the facility cath lab, please review the cardiac cath lab tab.
North Alabama Medical Center is an accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI.
Electrophysiology Services at North Alabama Medical Center:
- Electrophysiological studies
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac resynchronization devices
- Defibrillator implantation, including both traditional and subcutaneous devices
An electrophysiologist visits NAMC monthly from UAB Medicine to perform the electrophysiology services.