Full Service Cardiology Services
- 4 cardiovascular catheterization labs including electrophysiology room
- 22 bed critical care unit
- 31 bed cardiac in-patient unit
- 7 bed cardiovascular intensive care unit
- 2 open heart /cardiac surgical suites
- Critical Care step-down unit
Staff in each area have received specialized training for the care and treatment of heart-related diseases. We also have 12 diagnostic and interventional cardiologists on staff. For a list of specific procedures performed in the facility cath lab, please review the cardiac cath lab tab.
North Alabama Medical Center is an accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI.
Electrophysiology Services at North Alabama Medical Center:
- Electrophysiological studies
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac resynchronization devices
- Defibrillator implantation, including both traditional and subcutaneous devices
An electrophysiologist visits NAMC monthly from UAB Medicine to perform the electrophysiology services.