Anesthesia services at North Alabama Medical Center are located within the surgical suite of the facility. Services are provided on a 24 hour basis. Anesthesia for elective services is scheduled for inpatients and outpatients Monday – Friday. An emergency protocol provides for anesthesia services after normal hours, weekends and holidays.
The following services are provided by the anesthesia providers:
- Administration of general anesthesia
- Administration of regional anesthesia
- Administration of spinal or epidural anesthesia
- OB analgesia blocks for pain management
- Monitored anesthesia care
- Oral and nasal intubation for surgical intervention or respiratory resuscitation
- Support of life functions under stress of anesthetic and surgical manipulations
- Preoperative anesthesia assessments
- Management of patients for special procedures in X-ray Department.
- Management of patients for special procedures in Cath. Lab.
- Management of patients for DC Cardioversion in PACU
- Management of patients requiring MAC anesthesia in the Endoscopy Department.
- Placement of central lines and arterial lines when consulted by a physician not having central line or arterial line privileges.